WHAT IS NEW SENSATIONS?
The Saatchi Gallery and Channel 4 launched New Sensations in 2007, in order to support UK art students in their year of graduation. Now in its fourth year, the prize is open to all art students registered on Saatchi Online Art Students who are graduating from an art school or a fine art/photography department of a UK university or college in 2010.
If you are not graduating from a UK college or university in 2010 you are NOT eligible and your entry will not be considered and will not appear on the New Sensations site.
A long list of 30 artists will be selected from all the entries by the Saatchi Gallery and Channel 4. A panel of judges will then choose a shortlist of 20 students who will be invited to show their work in an exhibition in London during Frieze Week in October 2010. From these 20 shortlisted graduates the judges will also select four finalists who will be given a bursary to make a new work to present at the exhibition. Each of the four finalists will also have a 3 Minute Wonder Channel 4 film made about them which will also be aired in October. The ultimate winner of the prize, chosen by the judges, will be awarded prize money to support their future artistic endeavours.
WHEN TO APPLY
If you would like to enter New Sensations 2010, you must be a UK art student registered on Saatchi Online Art Students and graduating from a BA or MA course this year. You need to upload your entry on the New Sensations site by 6pm on Friday 2 July.
HOW TO APPLY
To enter you must first of all create your own profile page on Saatchi Online Art Students. All entries to the prize must be made on the dedicated New Sensations site. To enter you must:
1. Upload a maximum of 6 images of your work, including work that will be in your degree show.
2. Upload a photograph of yourself - ideally taken in your work space at college.
3. Write up to 100 words about yourself and your work.
4. Write up to 250 words on the work of art you would like to make if you are chosen as one of the New Sensations finalists.
5. Provide the name of your school or university.
6. Provide the name and telephone number for your head of department so that we can check you are eligible for the prize.
THE 2010 JUDGES
The judges for the 2010 New Sensations Prize are the artists Mat Collishaw and Rachel Whiteread; founder of Hotel Gallery in London, Darren Flook; Director of The Centre for Contemporary Art Nottingham, Alex Farquharson; and founder of the Zoo art fair, Soraya Rodriguez.