Apple Newsstand App Support
Welcome to the App Support page for our digital magazines published on Apple Newsstand. We’ve prepared a detailed FAQ where you’ll find answers to many common questions. If your specific issue was not answered on this page then please feel free to contact us again on firstname.lastname@example.org
My entitled subscription issues and/or purchases are not listed with ‘download buttons’:
Tap the ‘Restore Purchases‘ option (located under the ‘Help‘ section within the magazine app), and enter your iTunes password at the prompt. This will instruct iTunes to resend your current purchase details and update this status in your magazine app.
If you experience any further problems with restoring your magazine purchases, please email us from the ‘Contact us‘ link in the ‘Help‘ section of your magazine app and we will assist you directly. Please allow the message to attach the log file as this will enable us to inspect the problem.
I’ve just subscribed, where are my magazines:
You can download issues from the ‘Buy‘ screen within the magazine app. Download buttons replace the buy buttons on issues you own.
If this is not the case…… go to the ‘Help‘ section, and tap ‘Restore Purchases‘ (on iPhone/iPod Touch, tap ‘More‘ then ’Restore Purchases‘) . Once that’s done, return to the ‘Buy‘ screen, this should now have synced your available issues. All subscriptions begin as soon as you’ve made your purchase. Your subscription will give you the latest published issue on Newsstand, plus all new issues released during your active subscription. Please note, back issues released prior to the start of your subscription are not included, or special one-off magazines.
Free trial subscriptions explained:
Where free trials are offered on selected titles, once you have taken a subscription, it provides the same access to issues as a regular Newsstand subscription. Whereby you can download the latest published issue right away, plus any new issues published during this initial trial subscription period. For example, where it says ‘Get 5 free issues‘, this means, the current (latest) issue and then 4 further new issues that will be released over the course of your free trial period. Once your trial period has expired your subscription will automatically renew until you cancel the subscription on your device. Details on how to manage your Newsstand subscriptions can be found here.
Can you help me with my Zinio subscription:
We are only able to support our digital publications on Apple Newsstand. Zinio is a third-party digital publishing company who provide their own customer support. Although our magazines are sold through Zinio, we do not have access to any customer or subscription details bought through Zinio. You can contact Zinio support here: www.zinio.com/help/index.jsp
T3 digital subscriptions and technical help:
If you’re experiencing a problem with either your subscription or a technical issue relating to your T3 digital magazine you may find an answer on the T3: Tablet Edition FAQ page and T3 Tablet Registration, or you can email for assistance at email@example.com
Where can I get the CD/DVD disc content:
Where possible we provide the related CD/DVD disc content supplied with the physical print editions of our magazines. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to provide a comprehensive equivalent download service for this content across all titles. Details on how to access this content will be included in your magazine.
Can I change my print subscription over to a digital one, or vice versa:
This is not possible due to the technical complexities of our print and digital products sold through different vendors.
Can I use my Apple Newsstand subscription on Google Play/Kindle/Zinio/Nook, or vice versa:
This is not possible. Digital products are sold through and administered by different third-party vendors such as Apple iTunes and Google Play. As you can understand, digital vendors will only support the delivery of digital products expressly purchased through them.
I’m a print subscriber, can I get the digital magazine for free:
Unfortunately subscriptions are handled differently across all digital platforms by many different third-party providers. At this time we are not able to offer this type of service, however, it is something we are actively exploring and we will post further information when it is available.
Cancel auto renewing or find out how long is remaining on a subscription:
At the time of purchase of any subscription on Apple Newsstand, the user is shown a popup during the purchase process that expresses that the subscription is automatically set to auto renew (this message is also reflected on your email receipt). Auto renewal can be turned off at any time by the user. These settings can be found here on your device:
1) From the home screen, select ‘Settings‘, then ‘ iTunes & App Store‘ (For pre iOS 6 > ‘Store‘).
2) Tap on your ‘Apple ID:‘ on the top of the right-hand panel (you may need to scroll down on iOS 5 and below).
3) Select ‘View Apple ID‘
4) Scroll down to and select ‘Manage‘, under ‘Subscriptions‘.
Reading purchased magazines on a different iOS device:
Like any iTunes purchase, content is linked to the users unique Apple ID. Using the same Apple ID it’s possible to have your purchases on upto 10 different iOS devices. To migrate your magazine purchases or subscriptions to a new device, log into your device using your Apple ID and password, then install your magazine app. To restore your purchases. Load the magazine app and go to the ‘Help‘ section and tap ‘Restore Purchases‘. Once that’s done, go back to the ‘Buy‘ screen. This should now have synced your available issues.
Can I print pages:
Many of our magazine apps (excludes fully-interactive magazine editions) allow you to print individual pages with an AirPrint printer. Tap on the page you wish to print out. From the overlay menu, press the print icon at the top right of the screen.
Can I read my magazines on a desktop computer:
This is not possible. Apple Newsstand is only designed for iOS devices meaning you can read your magazines on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch device only.
How to delete the App or magazine issues:
You can delete magazine apps from the main Apple Newsstand bookshelf by tap and holding the icon thumbnail until it begins to shake. To delete an individual magazine issue; from within the magazine app, go to the ‘Library‘ and tap ‘Edit‘. Deleted issues can be re-downloaded at any time without additional charge.
Embedded digital video and audio content have no sound:
Check the volume setting is turned on or up. If that doesn’t help, check the ’side switch’ located next to the volume buttons on your device as it’s likely currently set to mute audio.
Magazine issues disappear from the Newsstand App:
If you downloaded an issue and it no longer appears to be there, this usually happens because you did an upgrade/restore of your device and the issues were removed by iTunes, or because your device was running low on storage space and removed the issues silently without notification (a built-in iOS feature). You should be able re-download these issues again after running a Restore Purchases.
Downloaded issue is stuck in Processing:
This is often the result of running low on storage space preventing the process completing on the device. You may need to free up some storage space before attempting to re-download the issue. A hard reset should interrupt the stuck unzipping process, however in some cases you will need to reinstall the App on your device.
Follow the instructions in the section below to determine how much free storage space you have on your device.
Downloaded issue is corrupt, or missing pages:
This maybe be the result of random internet connection problem during the transit of the download data that can happen from time to time. Otherwise it’s because the device is running low on storage and the issue hasn’t been able to extract the files correctly.
To re-download the issue, delete it first by from the ‘Library‘ area of your app. Tap ‘Edit‘ to delete issues. Return to the ‘Buy‘ section to download the issue.
If the same problem persists, to check on how much available storage space is available on your device, Tap the ‘Contact us‘ link under the ‘Help‘ section of the app. Attach the log data when requested. The email body will will display how much remaining space is left. If this shows anything below 2GB, you must clear some data before reattempting to re-download the issue.
If the above does not help, please follow the tips below.
Additional downloading tips:Close other open apps by performing a hard reset (powering off and on, by holding down the power button).
Do not leave the app during the download.
If your device is going to sleep during the download, you can change this setting on your device here: Settings > General > Auto-Lock.
Try downloading using an alternative internet connection.
The App performance is slow or unstable:
In the unlikely event of an application crash you are unable to resolve, we have set out some steps that may help you:
Kill the app (double tap the Home button on your device to display all running apps, and close it here). Load the magazine app and try using once more. If that doesn’t help…
Kill other apps running at the same time using the same method to free up system resources
Uninstall the app, and re-install it from the iTunes Store and restart
To re-sync your purchases, tap the ‘Restore Purchases’ option under the ‘Help‘ section of your magazine app and enter your iTunes password.
Other common questions:
How to enable/disable Push Notifications:
To adjust Push Notifications settings; from the Home page, select ‘Settings‘ > ‘Notifications‘.
Gifting single issues or subscriptions:
iTunes does not currently allow in-app purchase gifting. Alternatively you may gift ‘iTunes Gift Cards’, and the recipient may use the voucher to purchase the magazine or subscription.
Support for billing problems:
The point of sale process for all Newsstand transactions for individual magazine and subscription purchases is entirely handled by Apple Inc. Because this process is entirely handled by a third-party company it prohibits us facilitating refunds or indeed checking any personal subscription details, and therefore we are unable to directly assist you with these types of enquiries. Please use the links below to obtain the support and help you require directly from Apple. For more direct support from Apple you should visit: www.apple.com/support/itunes/ For further FAQs and details on how to contact iTunes support, please visit: www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/
App Terms and Conditions
1. INTRODUCTION: Welcome to our application (the “App“). This App is published by or on behalf of Art & Music Publications (“Art & Music Publications” or “We” or “Us“) a partnership whose registered office is at 13A Claremont Square, London N1 9LY.
2. GENERAL RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: The App is made available for your own, personal use. The App must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the App you must comply with all applicable UK laws and with any applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as “Applicable Laws”).
You agree that when using the App you will comply with all Applicable Laws and these Terms. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
(a) Use the App in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement; or
(b) Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the App; or
(c) Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the App or re-format or frame any portion of the pages comprising the App, save to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law.
You agree to indemnify Art & Music Publications and its group companies in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the App otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Laws.
3. CONTENT: The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the App including all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“Material“) is owned by or licensed to Art & Music Publications or its group companies. All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material without Art & Music Publications’ express permission.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trade Marks“) contained on or in the App are owned by Art & Music Publications or its group companies or third party partners of Future. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of Art & Music Publications or the relevant group company or the relevant third party partner of Art & Music Publications.
4. LINK TO THIRD PARTIES: The App may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). Art & Music Publications may monetise some of these links through the use of third party affiliate programmes. Notwithstanding such affiliate programmes, Art & Music Publications does not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, is not responsible for and does not endorse any Third Party Websites or their availability or contents.
6. DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY: USE OF THE APP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) ART & MUSIC PUBLICATIONS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE APP; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE APP (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN FUTURE AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET AND/OR THE APP; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO USERS OR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO THEIR USE OF THE APP. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
Art & Music Publications will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the App, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
IF ART & MUSIC PUBICATIONS IS LIABLE TO YOU DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN RELATION TO THE APP, THAT LIABILITY (HOWSOEVER ARISING) SHALL BE LIMITED TO: (A) FIFTY POUNDS STERLING (£50.00); OR (B) THE SUMS PAID BY YOU UPON PURCHASING THE APP, OR ANY IN-APP SPEND, INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTIONS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of Art & Music Publications or its group companies for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
7. SERVICE SUSPENSION: Art & Music Publications reserves the right to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the apps published by it, with or without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
8. ADVERTISERS IN THE APP: We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the App. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the App, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not Art & Music Publications, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
9. COMPETITIONS: If you take part in any competition which is run in or through the App (“Competition“), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by Art & Music Publications from time to time (“Competition Rules“) and by the decisions of Art & Music Publications, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Art & Music Publications reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
10. IN-APP VOUCHER CODES: Any in-app voucher codes issued by Art & Music Publications may only be used in accordance with our Terms and Conditions for in-app voucher codes.
11. GENERAL: These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Art & Music Publications concerning your use of the App.
Art & Music Publications reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective immediately, and the current Terms are available through a link in the App to this page. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them and you will be bound by the new policy upon your continued use of the App. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of Art & Music Publications.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Art & Music Publications' failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Art & Music Publications in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you, Art & Music Publications and its group of companies.
12. CONTACT US: You can contact the Art & Music Publications New Media team at Art & Music Publications, 13A Claremont Square, London N1 9LY, telephone 0044 20 7502 0275, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Introduction: This application (“App”) has been developed and is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Art & Music Publications (“Art & Music Publications“, “we” or “us“).
Art & Music Publications is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We want our apps to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
Information you provide upon entering a promotion or competition run in an App: if you enter a promotion or competition run in the we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the promotion or competition.
Information you provide when taking part in a poll or survey run in an App: if you take part in a poll or survey run in an App we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the poll or survey.
Games: if you register to play a game through an App, we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the game.
Email communications: we use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
3. How we use the information that we collect
The relevant App Store owns the information it collects when you purchase this App through the App Store. They may share some of that information with us, depending on the selections you have made. We will use it, as applicable, to:
provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as Apps and subscriptions to Apps
confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
inform you if you have won a prize
monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this App
monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the App, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the App Store registration process and/or App purchase process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive or by amending your marketing preferences, normally in the App Store account management section
for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
4. Who we may share your personal information with
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, App analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and App usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Third-Party Ad Serving Services: we or the App Store may use a third-party network advertiser to serve advertisements within the App. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on the category the App falls into. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or services you might be interested in. This App’s advertisers and/or sponsors may themselves set and access their own cookies on your device if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
Third Party Analytics Services: we may use the Google Analytics, Flurry or other analytics services to anonymously collect and analyse which pages of the App are viewed and for how long and which links are followed, so that we can provide more content which is of interest to you.
7. Security: In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Neither Future nor any of its group companies shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any of your information on servers owned and maintained by or on behalf of Future and its group companies.
8. A note for parents concerning privacy: this App and the App Store is for a general audience although age gating may be set by the relevant App Store based upon information we provide when we submit the App to the relevant App Store. We do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children through an App Store, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary. The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/familysafety
and the GetNetWise website to learn more about parental control tools.
10. Questions about this App and the information we hold about you: if you have any general questions about this App or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact the Art & Music Publications New Media Team at Art & Music Publications, 13A Claremont Square, London N1 9LY, telephone 00 44 20 7502 0275, email email@example.com. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at Art & Music Publications firstname.lastname@example.org. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.