Ecole Superieur Beaux-Arts De Marseille
Marseille's School of Fine Arts was founded in 1752, originated by regional artists and sponsored by the Province Governor. It prospered at the Bernardines Convent, near Thiers High School, close to Canabi√®¬≤¬• and Cours Julien.
This location was too small so the school moved in 1874 and developed at the neighboring Esp√©¬≤¬°ndieu building, adjoining both the municipal library and the music conservatory.
A succession of pedagogic reforms regarding the methods and subject content followed, the number of students increased while the classes multiplied along with the evolution of artistic practices and the emergence of new disciplines. In the ?60s, local and national governments agreed in principle and also on financing, which led to the School?s transfer to Luminy located near the Calanques. The new school was inaugurated on 4 March 1969.
In the late ?70s, a national reform led to the separation of the Fine Arts and Architecture schools. At this point the teaching became exclusively higher level and the school?s institutional and architectural configuration took its current form.
The ESBAM, a hig...
[ Read All ]