Ecole Des Beaux-Arts De Rennes
The Ecole des Beaux-Arts de Rennes is an art school that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is administered by the City of Rennes and its pedagogical objectives are accredited by the Ministry of Culture.
Courses are given within the framework of three departments: art, communication, and design.
The schoolâ€™s origins probably date back to the Napoleanic period, as indicated by the 1818 Rennes directory, which lists a drawing, painting, and sculpture course. The school successively occupied the Halle aux Toiles, no longer in existence today (a textile market hall that was located on the west side of the Place de la RĂ©publique), then the west wing of what is today the HĂ´tel des Postes (the main post office), before moving, in 1911, to 30 Rue Hoche, the former convent of the sisters of the Visitation de Sainte-Marie de Rennes.
In 1990, the school of architecture moved to a new location along the Saint-Martin canal, leaving the Ă‰cole des Beaux-Arts with more room and allowing it to renovate all of the buildings encircling the former cloister. In 1997, with artistic pr...
[ Read All ]