Faculty Of Fine Arts Of Brno University Of Technology
The Faculty of Fine Arts (FFA) is one of the eight faculties of Brno University of Technology. The tradition of art education at Brno University of Technology dates back to 1899 when the Institute of Drawing was established at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University. In the 1930s it changed to the Drawing and Modelling Institute. The post-war period began a new tradition; in the 1940s, Vincenc Makovsk√Ĺ, the well-known Czech sculptor, became a regular university professor and built up the Institute of Fine Arts in the framework of the Department of Architecture. In the early 1990s, Vladim√≠r Precl√≠k, another Czech sculptor, became the head of the Institute of Fine Arts and due to his efforts, the establishment of the Faculty of Fine Arts was approved by the Ministry of Education and the Faculty was opened in January 1993.