History of Felician College
Felician College, a coeducational liberal arts college, is a Catholic, private, independent institution for students representing diverse religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds. The College operates on two campuses in Lodi and Rutherford, New Jersey. The College is one of the institutions of higher learning conducted by the Felician Sisters in the United States. Founded by the Felician Sisters of Lodi, New Jersey, it began as Immaculate Conception Normal School with the first summer session commencing on July 5, 1923. For more than a decade, the Normal School trained in-service teachers and qualified them for state certification. On May 27, 1935, the Normal School was raised to the status of a teacher training college approved by and affiliated with the Catholic University of America. The students who belonged to a religious order completed a maximum of seventy-two semester hours of their undergraduate work at the College and then transferred to the Catholic University of America, Seton Hall or Fordham Universities. The institution became reorganized as a junior college in 1941, and on M...
[ Read All ]