Gallery/Dealer Details - GALERIE DUSSELDORF
Galerie DÃ¼sseldorf was established in 1976 by Directors Magda and Douglas Sheerer
and is Western Australia's longest established private art gallery,
representing contemporary artists and curating regular monthly changing exhibitions.
Initially started in 1976 as an international original print gallery in the ultra new Allendale Square Building
77 St Georges Terrace Perth. Within 4 years the gallery outgrew its small space.
In 1980 the gallery was relocated to larger premises
taking advantage of 320 sq. metres on the first floor of a Victorian Building (The Butterworth Building 1900)
at 890 Hay St Perth City near His Majesty's Theatre.
The Gallery moved from Hay St in 1994 to prepare for the new building project,
leasing a temporary space in Mosman Park whilst the new building was constructed.
This further commitment to the Arts - a new purpose designed building was opened by art historian
Daniel Thomas, Emeritus Director, Art Gallery of South Australia in February 1995.
(Architect Bret M. White)
The new building was opened in February 1995 with a Howard Taylor exhibition.
This new space provides a neutral environment and that sense of detachment necessary to contemplate exhibited works
Back to dealer/gallery profile