Stationers' Crown Woods Academy opened in September 2014 when Crown Woods College became a "converter" academy and joined Leigh Academies Trust. The Academy is the latest incarnation of a school that first opened in 1958 (Crown Woods School) as a "flagship" London comprehensive.
In 2013 we were given the opportunity to convert to academy status by joining Leigh Academies Trust and become a Stationers' school. The Stationers' Company is a major City of London Livery Company.
The Stationersâ€™ Company supports the interests of the print, newspaper, paper, packaging and publishing industries. They have a tradition of educational support and up until the 1980s sponsored the Stationers' School in Haringey. When the Stationers proposed to sponsor Crown Woods College and invest in developing a specialist digital technology curriculum within â€śThe William Morris Buildingâ€ť our specialist Art, Design and technology school. The partnership was a welcomed development for the future of the Academy.
Stationers' Crown Woods Academy came into being in September 2014. We are now in the process of integrating the latest digital technology into our curriculum and developing a multimedia centre to both enhance opportunities for all our pupils and to develop the skills necessary in those young people who wish to take up careers in the creative industries.