New Hall School is a leading Catholic independent boarding & day school for boys and girls aged 3-18. Founded in 1642, the school is the oldest Catholic school in England that has always taken girls.Famous Art and Design alumni include the Surrealist painter Leonora Carrington and the fashion designer Anya Hindmarch.Our historic and award winning department is housed in a spacious studio complex with outstanding facilities and extensive extra-curricular provision. Our students regularly exhibit work in our North Room Gallery.
Recent competition success and exhibitions in the past year include:
- The Queen's Portrait Award, Philip Mould Gallery, London.
- First Prize in the Catholic Independent Schools Competition and three special merit awards.
- Main prize-winner and shortlisted students in the European 'Who Are You?' competition (featured work on billboards in London and across the UK).
- A Level work displayed at Warwick University and Artsdepot arts centre in London.
- Main prize-winner and shortlisted students in the Royal Academy A Level Summer Exhibition.
- First Prize, HMC Schools Arts Competition.