STATIONERSâ€™ CROWN WOOD ACADEMY
Stationers' Crown Woods Academy opened in September 2014 when Crown Woods College became a "converter" academy and joined the Leigh Academies Trust. The Academy is the latest incarnation of a school that first opened in 1958 as a "flagship" London comprehensive.
The Crown Woods College was built and opened for pupils in May 2011. The College was a radical departure from the traditional concept of a school and was based on the principles of "human scale education"; instead of having one large school it was built as a campus which included four small "home" schools each designed for 450 students.
In 2013 it was converted to academy status and joined the Leigh Academies Trust and become a Stationers' school. The Stationers' Company are a major City of London Livery Company based in a beautiful 17th Century Hall just around the corner from St. Paul's. The Company support the interests of the print, newspaper, paper, packaging and publishing industries. Crown Woods College will benefit from their investment in developing a specialist digital technology curriculum.
Stationers' Crown Woods Academy came into being in September 2014. It is now in the process of integrating the latest digital technology into The William Morris Building where Art and Design is housed and is the specialist centre to the other school on the campus, bolstering the present curriculum and developing a multimedia centre to both enhance opportunities for all pupils and to develop the skills necessary in those young people who wish to take up careers in the creative industries.