Morgan Academy is a senior secondary school in Dundee.(s1-6)
It was designed in 1862 by the Edinburgh architects and opened in 1866 as the Morgan Hospital, a charitable institution providing accommodation and education for "sons of tradesmen and persons of the working class generally whose parents stand in the need of assistance". Two years later, in 1868 the school became The Morgan Academy, often referred to by alumni as simply "The Morgan". The architecture is designated as a Category 'A' listing by Historic Scotland.
Its benefactor was John Morgan, the son of a Dundee malt man who emigrated to 1850. In 1888 and was bought by the members of the Dundee Burgh School Board, who re-opened it as a school. (Morgan was also a hospital in the 1900â€™s )
The school suffered a fire on 21 March 2001 which destroyed much of the building. It was rebuilt using the original facade and much of the internal appearance and re-opened in August 2004.versityThe school consists of three houses: Airlie, Cortachy and Mains. Roll in 2013 980 -1000.